Song meanings

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #3299 by Wescli Wardest
Song meanings was created by Wescli Wardest
Each of us has a favorite song and for different reasons.  
Over the years I have found deeper meaning in many songs I liked bt never realy knew why.

Here is one that really started making sense to me a few months ago...
The sound of silence, by Simon and Garfunkel

Lyrics to song

Have you ever thought about what the lyrics mean?  Don't go look up what others have said or what the artist said when they were interviewed about it.  What does it say to you?
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Wescli Wardest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #3300 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Song meanings
Some songs say as lot about the person singing them by the way they sing them.  I've listened to several covers and the origanal and recordings by the origanal artist.  Listened, not watched.  And in the vioce of the singer you can almost hear their story... the experiances they have had and how much they believe the lyrics. 

lyrics to song

When Louis Armstrong recorded the version most of us "older" people grew up hearing and loving it was a humbling song that made us feel just a little better.  I think this is because as he sings it we can hear a sadness in his voice as he compairs what he knows to what he sees.  And what he sees brings him some happiness.  Like the simple things in life that are good rathe we take the time to notice or realize it, they are. But more importantly, hope.  Hope in a better future.  And it is truely, a wonderful world. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds